The Student Pastor at Grace will oversee weekly student worship experiences with the aim of developing and inspiring students to live out their faith in our church and our community.
Do you have a desire to reach young people, especially young people who don’t normally go to church? Do you think church should be a place that young people enjoy? Are you teachable, with a heart to serve? Are you looking for a place to cultivate your passions and talents while you lead others to become fully growing followers of Christ? Grace might be just the place for you. If you join the staff at our church, you won’t simply be a cog in a machine, you will be an integral part of our culture. We’ll empower you to lead, but give you the support you need. We’ll value your input in every area of our church and consider you part of our team. Most of all, we’ll enjoy growing alongside you as we follow Jesus together.
Grace Student Ministry exists to lead students 7th-12th grade into a fully growing friendship with Jesus. By teaching God’s truth and understanding our community and culture, staff and volunteer leaders develop relationships with students during weekly worship experiences, small groups, serving opportunities and activities.
Our high school group called Ignite (9th-12th grade) meets on Sunday evenings, and our middle school group called Fuel (7th-8th grade) meets on Wednesday evenings. Both groups include worship and teaching time, as well as small groups and games in our dedicated student area.
We’ll love it if you are:
- Knowledgeable in student ministries, with at least two years of experience
- Formally trained in theology from a Bible college or seminary
- Adept at developing and motivating both students and adults to become leaders
- Willing to relocate to our community
- Awesome at communicating and relating to others, especially young people and their parents
- Compelling and authentic, with an energetic and attractional personality
- Highly motivated and able to work on your own
You’ll love it here if you enjoy:
- Building strong and healthy teams
- Identifying, training, and inspiring adult volunteers and student leaders
- Loving students where they are while pointing them to Jesus
- A team atmosphere where all ministries collaborate together
- Working WITH God to see his kingdom grow in our world
You’ll get extra credit if you:
- Are highly competitive (and you know what Ga-Ga ball is)
- Can name the current top 5 most popular songs and movies
- Have sick dance moves
- Are skilled at building teams and inspiring them to achieve common goals
- Make us laugh