HIGH SCHOOL MINISTRY (HSM) PASTOR
Full Time/Next Gen Team/New Heights Church
The mission of the HSM Pastor is to provide vision, strategy and discipleship for the high school students for the purpose of making more and better disciples of Jesus.
Accountabilities for HSM Pastor
- Spiritual Leadership
- Lead staff, students, volunteers and parents into a deeper connection with God and each other.
- Students and volunteer staff are engaged and growing in the context of Community Groups.
- Students are serving in various capacities across campuses/ministries.
- Develop an intentional discipleship plan for key students and leaders.
- Unified HSM Team
- Strategize, create, and maintain a unified HSM across all campuses.
- Develop a close partnership with Campus Pastors and Campus HSM Staff.
- Unify campus HSM staff so they feel supported and part of the team.
- Represent all campuses clearly, effectively, and regularly.
- Provide intentional and effective weekly alignment toward the mission.
- Engaging Environments
- Create a weekly dynamic and relevant large group experience at the Central Vancouver campus.
- Develop Community Groups at Central Vancouver that have relational leaders who create a compelling and engaging environment.
- Maintain a growing and influential online and social media presence for HSM.
- Cohesive and Relevant Content
- Oversee development of relevant content for teaching environments across campuses.
- Support Community Groups with meaningful discussion questions.
- Equipped Team
- Provide regular training for HSM staff and volunteers.
- Support the Ministry Safe practices in HSM environments.
- Summer Ministry
- Develop strategy for HSM summer ministry.
- Plan and implement the HSM summer camp experience.
- Plan and implement a summer leadership program for students.
- Takes Initiative
- Team Builder
- Strong Communicator
Staff Values Accountabilities
- We lead with care – People matter. Not just their role but who they are. From the tone of an email to the final decision you start and end with care. Every child and volunteer feels cared for by you or a member of your team.
- We model the mission – You are a tour guide, not a travel agent. Making more and better disciples of Jesus is your personal pursuit as much as it is our church’s mission.
- We check ego at the door – It’s not about us. You seek to be a servant on your team and across departments. When it comes to credit, you give it to God and others.
- We make it better – You’re willing to ask tough questions, evaluate what we do and why, make adjustments and aim for constant improvement.
- We do whatever it takes – When it’s crunch time you come early, stay late and do whatever it takes to get the job done and advance the mission.
- We challenge honestly and love earnestly – In your interactions, grace abounds and truth is safe. You begin with being self-aware and having a readiness to receive feedback. Where missteps happen, you pour on the grace. When hard truth is spoken, you do it with love.
- We are learners who develop leaders – Discipleship is a life-long journey, so one doesn’t ever expect to “arrive.” You intentionally pursue personal growth and invite others in, looking for every opportunity to give ministry away.
- We believe the best – Somewhere between expectations and reality, a gap exists. You choose to fill the gap with trust. When mistrust lingers, you assume the best and initiate a conversation.
You must sign in to apply for this position.