JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: PASTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES
Our congregation is looking for a youth pastor who is spiritually mature, loves the Lord, and possesses a passion for youth and their spiritual growth. We are seeking a leader, teacher, disciple, and communicator who encourages students (K-12) to commit their life to Christ and equips them for a lifelong growing relationship with Christ.
Zion Bethel church has about 200 regular attendees in a community of 5,000 that’s located in north western Indiana about 1 ½ hours from Indianapolis and 2 hours from Chicago. Monticello is the county seat , it has two large recreational lakes (Freeman & Shafer), several mid-sized manufacturers and is surrounded by a large farming area. Our church is located near an elementary, middle, and high school.
Our church was established over 125 years ago as a self governed independent Bible based church that holds the Word of God as the guide and authority for the church and this continues today. We have a passion that our youth and adults are committed to Christ and growing in their faith as disciples of Christ.
Our youth program offers Sunday school classes in the morning for kindergarten to 12th grade averaging 40-50 students. Sunday evening groups (including Jr. & Sr. high) are averaging 20-30 students. We also host an “Activity Hour” on Mondays & Wednesdays for K-5th grade students after school which averages 70-80. In addition we have a preschool on site (20-30 students) which has it’s own director and teachers. In the summer we host a 1 week VBS and in the winter we have a one night Super Camp for 1st-5th graders (averaging 50+ students).
Our youth meet in our church and in a multi-purpose Family Center which includes a large meeting space; several classrooms; a fully functioning kitchen; and a full sized gym for basketball, volleyball and other indoor recreational activities.
1. Provide vision and leadership for a dynamic youth ministries program, emphasizing both discipleship and outreach.
2. Possess excellent teaching skills that include strong knowledge of scripture and the ability to connect scripture with life application for youth.
3. Develop a strategic discipleship plan that will meet the needs of growing Christian students.
4. Provide serving opportunities and implement youth evangelism and outreach programs for the greater Monticello community.
5. Recruit, develop and equip youth volunteers/leaders.
6. Effectively lead and develop existing teachers and youth leaders.
7. Exhibit effective organizational planning and communication skills and the ability to work well with church staff and volunteers.
8. Engage and equip parents so they can more effectively disciple their students for a lifelong relationship with Christ.
9. Assist with Counseling ministry with, but not limited to, youth. (Training will be provided by the church).
Professional Skills and Requirements
1. Devoted follower of Christ: pursuing the Lord with heart, mind and soul.
2. Fully committed to the mission, priorities and values of Zion Bethel Church.
3. Compatibility with baptistic theology and values.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Preferred – proven track record of at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in student ministry.
6. Teachable spirit and the ability to work well with others
7. Organized, proactive, and self-motivated; able to work with little supervision yet able to work effectively with teams of volunteers and peers.
8. Preferred – minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent in youth ministry or a related field.
9. Preferred – musical ability to assist and participate with our worship team (blended music).
This is a full-time position that is available now.
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes benefits.
This position reports to the Senior Pastor and the Elder Board.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
- Education Level Bachelors
- Years of Experience 2-5
- Ministry Size 101-250
- Church Affiliation Non-Denominational