The Worship Pastor exists to bring oversight and guidance to every worship experience through leadership, instruments, and singing.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
- Worship Experience:
- Lead people to connect to God through the excellent vocal and musical instrument skills of the worship team.
- Schedule worship team, production team, songs, scripture, video, creative arts that creates an amazing worship experience.
- Effectively schedule and lead rehearsals, organize and lead service planning sessions as directed, and share in the leading of weekend worship in various venues, as assigned.
- Stay up-to-date on current trends and topics within worship and help bridge the gap between where we are and where we need to be.
- Managing light cues and other elements
- Recruit, inspire, train, equip, support, encourage, and schedule volunteers.
- Be a visible leader within the church.
- Own, lead, and execute the vision of the church for worship ministry.
- Cooperate cross-functionally and collaboratively with other ministry team leaders to strengthen and improve worship ministry and overall mission of church.
- Work hard to build a ministry that is centered around Jesus that is fun, energetic, and packed with joy.
- Facilitate team training. This includes conferences and staying actively connected with other metro area ministries to stay inspired and expectant.
- Specific week to week responsibilities
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Build effective and personal relationships with volunteers.
- Manage the budget for the worship ministry. This includes an annual budget, and expenditures reporting.
- Produce publication materials, including but not limited to, articles, bulletin inserts, social media, web, and materials needed for various ministry activities.
- Personal relationship with Jesus, surrendered to His Word, and is an infectious, enthusiastic follower and disciple of Jesus Christ as Lord.
- Minimum of 3 years leading contemporary, relevant worship.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred, not required. A degree from an accredited Bible college with a major in worship ministry or a related field would be most desirable.
- Able to work with and participate with a team
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), high-level networking and interpersonal strengths.
- Self-motivated, willing to both reach out to people in the area and the church, and able to complete projects.
- Strong willingness to grow to be in front of the curve.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience, and proficiency with PCO, ProPresenter, Ableton or other multitracks software, and other worship related software and online tools.
*Candidates MUST apply through Froot Group. If interested in applying, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Education Level Bachelors
- Years of Experience 2-5
- Ministry Size 251-500
- Church Affiliation Non-Denominational