Grace Bible Church is looking for a Pastor of Worship to bring spiritual depth, energy, direction, consistency, theology, and variety to our worship ministry. This is a full-time salary position, with the expectation of 45-50 hours of active ministry per week.
The Pastor of Worship exercises the various gifts listed in 1 Corinthians 12, Romans 12, and Ephesians 4, including pastoring, leading, administration, and teaching. Under the oversight of the pastor, he combines those gifts with musical skill to care for, guide, and instruct God’s people. He skillfully combines God’s word with music, thereby motivating the gathered church to proclaim the gospel, to cherish God’s presence, and to live for God’s glory.
- Dependent on Experience and Ability.
- The Position Requires that the Pastor of Worship:
- Be a follower of Jesus Christ, agreeable with the beliefs and doctrine of GBC.
- Possess an undergraduate bachelor’s degree.
- Be proficient on guitar and/or piano and able to play a variety of styles of worship music.
- Possess the musical capability to arrange, teach, and train volunteer musicians, as GBC enjoys significant lay-involvement in all areas of the church, including music.
- Participate in the community, life groups, and activities of GBC on a consistent basis.
- Have experience with and a working knowledge of audio equipment typical for Sunday morning setup (e.g., microphones, monitors, sound board, etc.).
- Maintain a broad repertoire of music from hymnody to current sounds/styles.
- Typical Weekly Duties:
- Selection of set list for Sunday and production of lyrics for bulletin and music to musicians by Wednesday of each week.
- Hold weekly rehearsal with musicians and vocalists.
- Lead Sunday congregational musical worship.
- Pursue and develop more musicians for involvement in the worship ministry.
- This position requires other pastoral duties or teaching, training, and pastoral care in other areas such as Administration, young married, young adults, etc. Assignments will be based upon the applicant’s gifts.
How To Apply
Please send these three required elements: A resume, theological statement, and a video sample to: PastorSearch@gracebiblecw.com
- Education Level Bachelors
- Years of Experience 2-5
- Ministry Size 251-500
- Church Affiliation Non-Denominational