Valley Fourth Church, a nondenominational church located in a suburb of Spokane, Washington, is currently seeking to fill a position for a full-time Associate Pastor/Pastor of Community.
We are looking for an individual with proven skills in building ministries and developing leaders, accompanied by a Pastor’s Heart and an ability to preach and teach the Scriptures with impact across a broad range of ages. This is a blended role that involves partnering with the Senior Pastor and other Pastoral Staff to provide pastoral care, counseling and teaching in the broad church environment, as well as delivering specific impact in the development of new and existing ministry vehicles and leaders to enhance Biblical Community at VFC. This individual will be a key player in the ministry team’s realization of The Mission of VFC: to make, teach and send disciples for the glory of God.
If you believe you may be a fit for our ministry, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
- Five years paid ministry experience full-time in a church of similar size to VFC (330+ average Sunday morning attendance) as an Associate Pastor or Staff Pastor.
- Exemplifies spiritual maturity in a lifestyle that strives to reflect Christ in all areas.
- BA required in a ministry related field. Masters degree preferred.
- Possess and articulate a clear call to pastoral ministry.
- Proven track record of developing Community Groups and other ministry entities in adult contexts.
- Proven ability to preach and teach effectively with theological integrity and life application.
- A Biblically driven philosophy of ministry.
- A highly relational leadership style with a strong desire to invest in the lives of people across the spiritual spectrum of maturity, including potential leaders.
- Demonstrated organizational ability, possessing the skills required to develop and deliver ministry programs, to administrate effectively, and to create and manage ministry budgets.
As Associate Pastor:
- Assist the Senior Pastor in pastoral care, counseling, and general pastoral needs.
- Develop various ministry efforts/teams as assigned to fulfill VFC’s mission/vision/strategy.
- Fill the pulpit upon request.
- Perform in teaching ministry in different venues at VFC.
- Partner with Pastoral Staff/Ministry Directors in planning and executing our worship experience week to week, as well as baptisms, weddings, special events.
- Be involved in the general life and ministry of the church at large. Attend weekly staff meetings and participate with the Ministry Staff Team in church-wide ministry and activities as needed.
As Pastor of Community:
- Lead in our efforts of outreach, conversion and assimilation of new attenders to VFC.
- Develop interest and engagement in our small group communities, along with curriculum and content.
- Develop new and existing leaders in our small group communities.
- Work to develop other ministry vehicles leading to the goal of discipleship that would be specific to men/women/singles/families.
- Work in a team relationship with other ministry staff members to further the mission vision and strategy of VFC.
Supervisory Accountability and Responsibilities:
The Associate Pastor/Pastor of Community will report directly to the Senior Pastor. He will have supervision of those individuals directly involved in specific ministries and community groups, whether employed by the church or adult volunteers.
Technology Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literate
- Standard Microsoft office products