Goal: To advance the mission and vision of Greater Cleveland Youth for Christ by implementing a
comprehensive fundraising strategy for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of Major Donors.
- Responsible to manage the Executive Director’s (XD) calendar and relationships w/major donors
- Responsible to manage all Major Donor (MD) relationships via Salesforce (CRM)
- Responsible to manage other MD activities: ie. Endowment plan Black Binder, E-letter, Grants
- Responsible to invite personal networks to See The Story tours, Be The Story events, and site visits.
Specific Duties: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
XD’s Calendar and Major Donors – 40 %
- Review list w/ XD of MD names and book appointments for coming weeks & months. 6-8/week.
a. Utilize email and phone to book appointments
b. Must be upbeat, professional, and Christ like in all interactions w/ these key partners.
- Put all notes into calendar for upcoming appointments. Ie. Past mtg. notes & recent giving (1-2yrs)
- Prepare brochure/promotional materials for upcoming meetings with donors. (Sometimes gifts)
- Prepare ‘Thank You’ notes for XD of all recent gifts of $1000+ from the past week. (see Daily Dep’s).
- Prepare ‘Thank You’ notes for XD for each appointment he had last week.
- Develop a ‘call plan’ for XD to execute for coming weeks. (names from MD communication plan).
- 1 hr. weekly meeting (usually Tuesday) with Supervisor = XD.
Manage MD relationships in Salesforce – 28 %
- Update MD list and provide XD with reminders of upcoming annual gifts. Send reminders as requested.
- Work with Development Events Director to follow up with all MD’s from BTS (banquet) and Over The
- Maintain a high quality database tracking donor activity and donor giving. Ie. Put in notes. Surveys.
- Print Black Binder donor reports as advised.
MD Activities and Projects – 8 %
- Write 5 existing grants (small) and do research on new grant leads from XD.
- Carry forth Endowment Plan- identify target audience and do 2 mailings and 1 lunch per year.
- Produce a monthly E-letter focused on MD’s w/ XD- (Constant Contact). Ie. 2 pictures, story of teen.
Will include some updates and opportunities for upcoming events. Focus: your gift is making a
Staff Partner Relationships – 12 %
- Develop and implement a personal plan for acquiring new donor prospects through communications,
events, news/E-letters, personal visits, tours, etc. 2 personal newsletters/yr to your 100+ name list.
- Inviting guests to tours, dinners, fundraisers.
- Cultivate prospects and encourage engagement with the Mission of GCYFC.
- Create awareness of ministry needs and invite prospects to become donors, volunteers, prayer warriors.
- Build a vision for donors to become champions of the mission. Ie. Be a TC, help w/ OTE, etc.
Miscellaneous – 12%
- Staff Meeting- Thursdays 8:30-11pm
- Time sheet
- Attendance at YFC events as requested.
- Mature Christian faith, and agrees with the YFC Statement of Faith
- Ability to develop a genuine passion for the Mission of YFC
- Individual must be energetic and enthusiastic, personable and motivated
- Individual must be detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to work occasional nights and/or weekends as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010.
- Experienced in a database CRM system. Preferably ‘Salesforce’
- Applicant must be capable of the following:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Publisher
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience: based on a 50hr/wk if full time or 25hr/wk if part time.
There will be a 60 day evaluation period.
Reports to: Executive Director
Please send Resume and Application to: Latisha Brown at email@example.com or Greater Cleveland Youth
For Christ, 709 Brookpark Road, Lower Level, Unit 1, Cleveland, OH 44109.
Download Employment Application off of www.yfccleveland.org.