The Director of Music Ministries (DMM) is responsible for overseeing the musical elements of the worship experience. The ideal candidate must hold a degree in music, church music, related degree, or possess demonstrated proficiency and experience in church music; be creative both musically and in developing the program; have experience in or demonstrate a willingness to learn Lutheran theology, liturgical practice, and use of church music; demonstrate skill and competency at the keyboard (piano and organ); possess a willingness to recruit and collaborate with instrumentalists and vocalists for the weekly services; and have the ability to work well with others and participate collaboratively with staff, the Pastor, and congregational leaders. The DMM will report directly to the Pastor.
• Plan all worship music in consultation with the Pastor, including up to two services a week, plus major liturgical holidays and other Festival days as requested.
• Direct, accompany, develop, and rehearse the church choir on a weekly basis.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Communicate regularly with the congregation through print media, e-mail, and/or social media.
• Compile and submit annual budgets and end-of-year reports.
• Maintain the music library and supervise maintenance of instruments.
• Maintain professional development in church music.
Salary: $22,000 per year
How To Apply
Please send a letter of interest and an updated resume to Bryan Mullins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Education Level Bachelors
- Years of Experience 2-5
- Ministry Size 251-500
- Church Affiliation Evangelical Lutheran Church in America