Purpose: The Community Group Pastor will disciple and train volunteer leaders who will, in turn, effectively disciple others in the context of Community Groups.
- Supervised by and reports to the Executive Pastor.
- Partners with other ministry heads.
- Supervises and supports volunteer leaders in WBC’s Community Group Ministry.
- Congregational point of contact for Community Groups.
- Identify, engage, equip, and encourage Community Group Leaders to be successful in their ministry.
- Partner with other ministry heads – particularly Children’s, Youth, and Women’s Ministry staff – to develop, coordinate, and implement the following:
- Content Scope & Sequence
- Core Commitments Scope & Sequence
- Leader training
- WBC ministry integration with Community Groups
- Develop and oversee the budget for Community Groups to effectively support the Annual Ministry Plan.
- Work with the Care Ministry Pastor to integrate elements of the Care Ministry into Community Groups.
- Train and mentor Community Group Leaders to provide “first responder” levels of care and service for the members of their Community Groups.
- Provide pastoral counseling and professional referrals for those who need more assistance than volunteer Community Group Leaders are able to provide.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Meets the biblical qualifications of a Deacon (1Ti. 3:8-13).
- Share Wasilla Bible Church Core Commitments and Statement of Faith.
- Gifted and passionate in identifying, engaging, equipping, and encouraging volunteer leaders. (Not simply a leader, but a leader of leaders.)
- Ability to manage multiple administrative projects and tasks in line with the applicable Annual Ministry Plans.
- Theological training and experience that can ensure sound theology in areas of ministry responsibility.
Time and Term:
- This position is intended to be a full-time career placement.
- A formal performance review will be conducted annually.
- Pay and benefits TBD
Please email email@example.com for a current hire package or see attached.