Job Title: Children’s Pastor
Time Type: Part-time, possible Full-time (Thursday Night Bible Study/Sunday Worship service)
Church Size: 5,000+
The Children’s Pastor role is to oversee, supervise and develop the educational and experiential environment for nursery – 5th grade. The Children’s Pastor will work alongside the Children’s Director to carry out the vision of Koinonia Christian Church.
* Developing goals and objectives for Children’s in line with the strategic plan.
* Identifying and testing curriculum resources, whether commercially produced or developed.
* Recruit, train and work with volunteers to strengthen their ministry abilities.
* Assessing ministry needs and developing goals and activities to meet those needs.
* Serving as a motivating, inspiring and engaging teacher to our children on a regular/weekly basis as part of a larger plan for their spiritual development.
* Developing an environment that is safe, clean, supportive, and cultivates spiritual growth.
* Addressing specific personal and spiritual needs of children as they arise through one-on-one or small group meetings, school visits, or other connections appropriate to the circumstances.
* Identifying lay staff and lay volunteer resources and needs.
* Developing lay leaders who can love, nurture and lead our children effectively.
* Development and implementation of an annual calendar of activities and programs that are inclusive and promote relationship, development, and discipleship.
* Development and management of the annual budget for the Children’s Ministry.
* Establish and maintain good communication with parents: including check-in/out system, snack notification, process for parent emergencies.
* Routinely inspect equipment, toys and supplies. Restock supplies when needed.
* Develop, post and enforce policies to ensure that staff is familiar with nursery policies and facilities.
* Provide needed information for: volunteer background checks.
* Schedule nursery caregivers for worship services and special church wide events in which nursery care is needed.
1. Experience in a mid – large size ministry (200+ kids per service)
2. Must have 3-5 years experience in children’s ministry
3. Outgoing personality and ability to work well with children.
4. Excellent organizational skills
5. CPR and First Aid certification required (or willing to get within 30 days)
6. Senses a clear call to children’s ministry
7. Is an active member of Koinonia Christian Church and a committed person of faith who exemplifies the love of God
This position requires the candidate to be experienced in a children’s ministry setting, ability to lead 50+ volunteers, and minister to 200+ per service, each week.
This position requires the Children’s Pastor to be available at Sunday Worship Services and Thursday evening Bible Study.
Part-time Salary $15,000+ annually
Full-time Salary $35,000+ annually (depending on experience)
- Education Level Bachelors
- Years of Experience 2-5
- Ministry Size 3001-5000
- Church Affiliation Non-Denominational