Burke Community Church is located just 12 miles outside of Washington, D.C. in a suburb called Burke, VA. The church is led by Senior Pastor Marty Baker and Executive/Worship Pastor Darren Brown. Attendance currently runs around 2,300 each week. Currently, the church offers three Sunday services, 8:00am, 9:30am and 11:00am, all of which are identical. Burke Community Church is seeking a dynamic Worship Associate with strong leadership skills, an engaging personality, and is an experienced vocalist/instrumentalist proficient in music technology.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
40+ hours per week (salaried/exempt). This position includes 2-3 nights per week (Wednesdays and Thursdays plus an occasional 3rd night). This number may be exceeded in peak ministry times such as Easter and Christmas. Regular office hours will be maintained throughout the week. However, your focus will be on these 3 days:
Overseeing the High School Student-led Worship Team. This includes meeting with student leaders, helping with song selection, running or managing rehearsals, attending Wednesday night Student Services, and investing time in Student worship team members outside of rehearsals (i.e. shepherding, fellowship). May include leading worship for High School services periodically.
Overseeing the Middle School Worship Team. While attending weekly, your responsibility includes both personally leading the worship time and working with Middle School student leaders to develop their skill and heart for leading. Outside of Thursdays, investing in worship team members, including specific training as needed and time allows. May include leading worship for Middle School services and/or retreats.
Leading Worship in the Main Worship Center approximately 12 Sundays per year. Other Sundays will consist of being on stage at one of the worship venues. This will include leading in the secondary venue and/or playing a supporting role with the worship team (playing keys or other instruments, background vocals, etc.). When off the platform, assisting with the Tech Team under the direction of the Technical Producer.
• Participate in weekly production meetings to plan, discuss, and evaluate Sunday services.
• Meet regularly with the Executive/Worship Pastor for mentoring and development.
• Lead worship occasionally at other events such as Retreats or Nights of Worship.
- Teachable and humble spirit
- Team attitude (we > me)
- Desire and ability to care for others
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills
- Minimum of 2 years experience in leading worship at a staff level
- Bachelor’s degree required, Seminary degree preferred
- Competent in leading from keyboard, guitar, or both
- Strong vocal ability and engaging stage presence
- Expertise in production technology software (Ableton, ProPresenter, Protools, etc.)
- Ability to keep calm in pressure-filled situations
- Proficiency with Planning Center Online software
REPORTS TO: Executive/Worship Pastor
For more information, visit the full church profile at: http://frootgroup.com/bc1240613181
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.