· Shares with the servant leaders of the church the responsibility to champion the doctrine, mission and the vision of St. Luke.
· Serves on the executive leadership team that provides overall direction to the church.
· Assists the Senior Pastor in areas of leadership training and worship preparation as requested.
· Develops the care ministry of the church in light of the vision, goals and values. Regularly communicates to the congregation the vision and importance of caring for one another.
· Develops and oversees the delivery of care to those in need. Defines, initiates and leads the development of new care programs as the needs are identified.
· Provides teaching and training for church leadership (ministers and key ministry leaders) and church staff that enables them to be effective agents of care and assimilation.
· Educates and trains the congregation to care for one another and those in the surrounding community. This includes modeling, teaching, periodic hosting of appropriate seminars, and assessing the congregation’s ability to care for the community.
Assimilation of New Congregants
· Educates the congregation with respect to the needs and benefits of becoming active members of the church.
· Develop a process of assimilation that enables newcomers to become integrated into the life, membership and ministries of the church.
· Supervises the development of a counseling ministry, including oversight of counselors.