TITLE: Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
St. Andrew Lutheran Church:
St. Andrew Lutheran Church is a Reconciling in Christ (RIC) congregation in the Oregon Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA). Children and Youth Ministries are a vital part of the Ministry and Mission of St. Andrew Lutheran Church. St. Andrew’s five core values include: God Care, Earth Care, Community Care, Church Care, and Self Care.
The Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator’s main role is to build positive relationships with children and their families. Building these relationships begin at a child’s birth and continues through High School.
The Coordinator collaborates with the pastoral staff, Parish Executive, office staff, Kids and Teens (KAT) Team, Nursery Director, Sunday School leaders, Confirmation Guides, committee leaders, volunteers, and the general congregation to fulfill St. Andrew’s mission for Children and Youth ministries. All of these individuals, and groups are active participants in supporting the work, and essential tasks, of the Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator.
Other essential tasks of the Coordinator include assisting with recruitment of volunteers, coordinating intergenerational ministries, and delegating tasks associated with faith development for Children and Youth at St. Andrew Lutheran Church.
The Coordinator, with the input and assistance of the youth themselves, is the main leader of the High School education hour each Sunday. Whenever possible, the Coordinator will also attend children and youth ministry events and activities (i.e. movie nights, small relational groups, overnight camping trips, service opportunities, special Sunday School programs, mission trips, National Youth Gathering.)
The position is full-time, (salaried), and includes benefits. Salary is $37,000 – $41,500, depending upon experience. Benefits include Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Workers Compensation Insurance, Retirement (403(b)) Contribution, and Continuing Education Reimbursement.
· A vital Christian faith and active participation in worship.
· Ability and willingness to work in an Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA) congregation.
· Ability to support and implement St Andrew Lutheran Church mission statement and Reconciling in Christ welcome statement.
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships with children and their families.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to be discreet and to honor confidentiality.
· Ability to work with a wide variety of people.
· Ability to recruit and build relationships with volunteers.
· Technical proficiency in various forms of computer software and hardware. (i.e. Word, Excel, Email, PowerPoint, Publishing, Databases, scanners/printers, projectors, websites, social media, text messaging.)
· Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and ability to meet the requirements of the church vehicle insurance policy.
· Ability to pass a background check.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Relationship Building and Communicating: Live out and share the Good News of God in Jesus Christ with all of St. Andrew and the community.
a. Participate regularly in Sunday worship at St Andrew Lutheran Church.
b. Encourage children, youth, and their families to participate regularly in worship and Christian education.
c. Assist in strategic planning and provide logistical support for all children and youth ministry teams.
d. Assist Sunday School director and teachers with visioning, technical assistance, teacher recruitment and training.
e. Schedule regular visits to Confirmation classes.
f. Assist in publicizing Children and Youth Ministries activities.
g. Assist in collection and documentation of data relevant to children, youth, and family ministries.
2. Team Ministry
a. Meet regularly with pastoral staff.
b. Establish and communicate personal work schedule to church staff and members.
c. Attend a Team Ministry meeting at least once per month.
d. Attend, and contribute as needed, to Council meetings, staff meetings, and congregational committee meetings connected to Children and Youth Ministry programs.
e. Meet and communicate as needed with, Sunday School Director, Confirmation Guides, Learning Center Director, and KAT Team.
f. Participate in training as required.
a. Assist KAT Team in development, and monitoring of annual budget for Children and Youth Ministries.
b. Assist in coordination of fundraising events for Children and Youth Ministry activities.
c. Assist in coordination of purchasing equipment and supplies for Children and Youth Ministries.
The above accountabilities represent work performed by this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific accountability will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of the position.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2018. Desired start date is August 1, 2018.