The Finance Director will ensure that the Church’s financial operations are processed and reported accurately and with integrity. These operations will include but not be limited to responsibility for the oversight, management, and leadership in the areas of finance, internal control, and auditing for the entire ministry. The successful accomplishment of this position supports the church ministries in furthering God’s kingdom.
The Finance Director will operate in the following key areas:
· Maintain the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goal and mission of Pentecostal Tabernacle Church.
· Maintain books and records including but not limited to Quickbooks, donations, fixed assets and cash position.
· Assure compliance with all federal, state and local tax laws.
· Oversee accounts payable.
Strategy and Planning
· Coordinate annual budget process.
· Conduct ongoing ministry budget review, long-term financial planning.
· Arrange and facilitate audit processes.
· Oversee bank reconciliations.
· Oversee payroll operations.
· Supervise accounting staff which includes the bookkeeper and offering counters.
Compensation and Benefits
· Design and review of compensation.
· Review, analyze and maintain all facets of property insurance, workers compensation insurance, health insurance and other employee benefits.
· Manage all financial reporting
· Report on weekly giving, review annual giving
· Produce year end giving reports
· Maintain tax reporting requirements
· Oversee finance management software programs such as Expensify, Text to Give etc.
The ideal Finance Director will have the following:
· A personal faith in Jesus Christ
· Professional Decorum
· A Capability for problem solving
· The ability to work in a high-pressure environment
· A Minimum four year college degree in finance/accounting.
· A minimum of five years accounting / finance experience.
· Strong knowledge and ability in financial accounting, control and reporting methods and standards within a non-profit organization.
· A broad understanding of financial models and the ability to fluently discuss the impact on decisions, with a full understanding of financial institution profitability systems.
· The ability to analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of improving systems and maximizing overall financial performance.
· A strong business acumen in planning, finance, budgeting, management and experience with system automation.
· Adept at building strategic working relationships.
· Strong communication and coaching skills.
· Church or church related financial management experience preferred.
· At least two years of supervisory experience preferred.
The Finance Director shall report to and be accountable to the Executive Pastor and shall maintain open communication and work cooperatively with the church’s Senior Pastor and Board of Trustees. The Finance Director will be a member of the Executive Team.