Job Description: Associate Pastor
Northgate Church / Pittsburgh, PA / www.northgatechurch.com
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Help Northgate Church make disciples by managing ministries, cultivating outreach, and serving as a strong member of our pastoral leadership team.
• Reports to: Senior Pastor
• Time: full time (40-45 hours a week and additional as needed)
• Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with experience and include medical insurance, vacation, sabbatical, and contribution to retirement.
• Positions reporting to the Associate: all volunteer ministry leaders
• Must posses a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and the Biblical qualifications listed in Titus 1:5-9, I Timothy 3:1-7, and I Peter 5:1-4.
• A desire to focus your ministry on Ephesians 4:12-16 “to equip the saints for the work of the ministry…”
• Minimum 5-7 years of full-time ministry experience in a growing church.
• Experience developing infrastructure in a growing church, preferably in a church that plants churches.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Demonstrated ability to develop leaders and organizations and proven talent in managing projects and teams
• Commitment to the mission of evangelism and discipleship through the local church
• Experience in church planting/multiplication (ideally helped a church become a church that plants churches)
• Organized and attentive to detail
• Possess a positive, ‘can do’ mentality.
• Creative and pragmatic problem solving skills.
• Self-starter (ability to take ownership)
• Agreement with Northgate’s doctrinal statement
• Wife and family must regularly attend Northgate Church
Summary of Gifts / Skills Required: Administration / Organization / People Skills / Leadership / Communication / Leadership Development
• Reports to and works closely with the senior pastor, assisting him in strategic planning for the execution of the church’s mission and vision. Also works closely with the office staff implementing and managing systems and processes for greater efficiency.
• Maintain and regularly evaluate the health and effectiveness of our current ministries.
• In partnership with the senior pastor, develop a vision, goals, strategy, process for becoming a growing church.
• To pastor a particular segment of the church (the pastoral staff will collaborate in caring for the entire church)
• Opportunities to teach and preach can be available if desired.
• Volunteer Systems and Organization
• Improve the operational support structure / systems as needed to make us more efficient (How do we improve our volunteer management, member database, outreach efforts, visitor follow-up, etc?)
• Work with ministry leaders to help identify, recruit, train, schedule, monitor, and encourage volunteers in their ministries
• Maximize effectiveness and efficiency of ministry volunteers; identify systems and procedures to improve effectiveness
• Identify leaders to lead ministry teams: recruit, train, equip, monitor, and encourage leaders
• Managing Ministries
• Communicate with ministry leaders to coordinate schedules, provide support, assist with problem-solving, and uphold a high standard of excellence.
• Align the ministries with the vision of Northgate Church
• Assist in connecting volunteers to suitable ministry opportunities
• Identify, recruit, develop, and invest in leaders
• Cultivate Outreach
• Equip / empower / coach those with outreach ideas
• Expose the church to the needs of local outreach ministries, as well as needs of the community
• Connect people to opportunities for outreach
• Pastoral Ministry for a Segment of the Church
• Follow up on visitors
• Strategic discipleship of men
• Emergency care and visitation
• Research, prayer, and care exerted on behalf of your segment of the church
• Other Responsibilities as Assigned by Senior Pastor
• This job description is not exhaustive. Additional responsibilities will be assigned by the senior pastor to complement his gifting and address church needs / growth