We’re looking for a part-time Director of Children’s Ministry to minister to children in our church and the broader community. The ideal candidate has experience ministering to children and parents, as well as experience managing volunteers. The Director of Children’s Ministry must relate well with people of different ages and backgrounds. This is a 13-hour per week, part-time position.
- Oversee all programming for children throughout the church.
- Maintain the established security system that protects children in our church’s care.
- Plan and oversee quarterly events related to children and families.
- In consultation with other church leaders, define a vision for the children’s ministry that contributes to the church’s overall vision. Develop a ministry plan to achieve that vision.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy children’s ministry volunteers.
- Regularly report to the church’s leadership about the accomplishments of the children’s ministry.
- Maintain the integrity of the children’s Bible teaching time by ensuring the instruction is consistent with the doctrinal convictions of the church.
- Review all curriculum used by the children’s ministry and ensure they are consistent with the church’s doctrinal commitments.
- Assist the Youth minister with weekly youth events.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
- Assist with the set up and execution of our mobile church efforts on Sunday mornings.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- Experience leading Children’s ministries.
- A desire to teach and mentor children in Biblical truth.
- Ability to serve under the direction of the church leadership and Senior Pastor.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- A commitment to the mission of the church.
- A sense of calling toward Children’s ministry.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1Tim. 3:1-13; 2Tim. 2;Titus 1:5-9).