Munsey UMC seeks a full-time Director of Contemporary Worship. Ideal candidate will possess significant vocal and musical talent as well as strong communication skills. Experience in a large church, contemporary setting is also desired. Position is expected to be 30 HRS/WEEK, with benefits and insurance offered. Send resumes to Ryan Beavers (Associate Pastor) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION BELOW:
Director of Contemporary Worship
Job Summary: The Director of Contemporary Worship (DCW) is primarily responsible for leading and planning the contemporary worship experiences. The DCW will also provide musical and technical leadership to pursue excellence for worship experiences. Furthermore, the DCW will contribute to the planning, organizing, and leading of multiple worship experiences throughout the week, as well as reviews and updates all copyright licenses.
General Responsibilities: The DCW facilitates the Contemporary Worship Services held in the Christian Life Center. The DCW coordinates the planning of these services, in cooperation with the Contemporary Worship Planning Team, which includes Clergy and other staff and laity as necessary. Specifically, this includes:
Planning, organizing, and spiritually leading multiple weekly worship services.
Recruiting, training, and building worship teams.
Continually sharpening his/her own musical abilities as well as those of the team.
Staying up to date on developments in contemporary worship through research, continuing education events, etc.
Fruitful collaboration with Media Team to ensure vision is being realized.
Lead volunteer and contractor recruitment and development efforts
Setting goals and budget for these services.
Coordinating the preparation, documentation and accurate reporting of the CCLI license materials for the church and properly filing all requested documentation.
Organizing and facilitating weekly Contemporary Planning Team meetings, along with Associate Pastor of Young Adults.
Planning and executing weekly band/vocalist rehearsals.
Overseeing the preparation of visual presentations for worship services and other events, as needed.
Sharing as a participating member in weekly meetings of the church program staff, Worship and Celebration Committee and the Church Council, as requested, including other gatherings for worship planning, staff retreats and opportunities for sharing of ideas and plans.
Consults regularly with the Associate Pastor of Young Adults and the Associate Pastor of Music & Congregational Life to coordinate the various worship and music ministries of the congregation and to provide updates on the direction and goals of Contemporary Worship.
• Ability to develop an understanding for band dynamics, worship environment production, and ministry teamwork in a worship team setting
• Ability to create a vision and execute effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills and exude a positive attitude
• Ability to self-motivate and make independent decisions
• Highly talented vocalist
• Experience on keys, guitar, and/or other instruments
• Familiarity with relevant software to enhance worship presentation (i.e. Pro Tools, Ableton, ProPresenter, Planning Center Online, etc.)
• Understanding and support of United Methodist theology, liturgy and the Wesleyan tradition.
III. ESSENTIAL TRAITS
• Problem Solving
• Coaching Skills
• Technical Skills
• Effective at multi-tasking, time management, and following up
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong spiritual maturity
• Comfortable in diplomatic interactions
• Exceptional talent vocally to lead a worship experience
• Maintain composure during stressful situations
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Music, with experience in worship planning and leadership;
• 1 to 3 years of related work experience
Reports To: Associate Pastor to Young Adults and Staff/Parish Relations Committee
Schedule/Hours Worked: This is an exempt, full time position, working regular office hours, evenings and weekends as needed, and attending required meetings as scheduled.
Vacation: Offered in accordance with the church Personnel Policy and Procedures.