Mariners Church in Half Moon Bay seeks a full-time Director of Youth Ministries, who has a calling and sense of urgency to accomplish our vision for youth by creating and implementing initiatives that help youth embrace a personal and sustainable relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Ensure that all programs and special events support an atmosphere of belonging and fellowship in which youth are guided on their spiritual journey and emerging spiritual leadership skills are nurtured.
· Develop ministries, programs, and events that attract and evangelize seekers, build community among the regular attendees, develop sustainable spiritual growth for all, and provide leadership opportunities for the committed.
· Build and coach effective teams of adult leaders that embrace the work of youth ministry. Build a context of continued learning and positive encouragement for volunteer leaders.
· Ensure that caring relationships are built between Mariners adults and youth in order to foster support and mentoring of ‘our kids’ from the body of the church. Ensure youth are visible at weekend services.
· Create, manage and keep up to date documents such as event / curriculum calendars, directory of students and leaders, recruiting list and any other planners that drive an efficient and effective ministry.
· Ensure promotion of the year’s plan well in advance allowing parents to incorporate into family timetables. Use relevant methods such as social media, MCC website, printed media, announcements, etc.
· Prepare ministry budget and manage within it during the year.
· Serve alongside the entire staff to create a cohesive ministry team. Work especially with the Children’s Ministry Director to create mutually beneficial ministries and seamless transitions between programs.
• A deep call from God for youth ministry, a thirst for continuing learning and development, highly relational in working with both students and volunteers
• Minimum of Bachelors degree. Bible degree or divinity degree desired
• Proven track record in Youth Ministry leadership in a church setting for a minimum of 4 years
• Effective organizational skills
Reports to Lead Pastor
At Mariners Community Church we are blown away that God would let us be in the place we are. God has grown us so that we are able to make a difference in the lives of a lot of “Coastsiders” and we feel a deep sense of calling to our neighbors and friends who do not yet know Jesus Christ. While our services are relaxed and casual, we are serious in our desire to connect people to Jesus Christ and to grow in faith so they might make a difference in their world.
It is our vision that every high school senior on the Coastside will have heard the message of Jesus Christ at some point before they graduate.
We are not afraid of new stuff.
We have a staff committed to each other.
We are intentional about everything we do.
We have a healthy lay leadership team.
We want to see God work BIG around here.
Mariners Youth Program
MCC youth program activities include semi-monthly seeker-friendly fellowship events, mid-week worship-oriented programming, weekly small groups designed to develop spiritual maturity, and service-oriented projects for maturing believers. 40-50 youth participate weekly and the program is supported by a part-time youth ministry assistant, a dedicated core group of volunteers and a congregation and leadership team deeply committed to reaching Coastside youth. We envision:
• A growing group of students who are passionate about their faith in Jesus Christ and their role in God’s world
• Students involved in serving their church and their world
• Small groups of students meeting together in authenticity for mentoring, discipleship, prayer and spiritual growth
• Opportunities and events (entry points) that allow students to bring their seeking friends
• A culture of celebration, growth, community, outreach, service
• An increasing number of empowered students who are passionate about their faith and are becoming equipped to make a difference for Jesus on the Coast