Worship Ministries Pastor/Director
Harvest New Beginnings
The Associate Pastor/Director of Worship Ministries is a leader who, in full agreement with Harvest’s doctrinal statement, organizes and empowers the Worship Ministries of Harvest; providing direction, oversight and integration to accomplish:
Harvest’s Purpose – God’s Glory Alone
Harvest’s Values – Reaching Up, Reaching In and Reaching Out
Harvest’s Motivation – A deep love for God and a sincere love for people.
This full-time position is responsible for oversight of all worship services at Harvest and for designing, developing and implementing a vision for leading the church in engaging, scripturally based and spirit-filled worship.
1. Leadership ability – work cordially with musicians, artists, volunteers and other leaders, and pastor a
diverse congregation, being sensitive to the many generations represented at Harvest.
2. Theologically grounded – articulate a theology of worship that demonstrates a solid grasp of historic
principles of scripture and be biblically mindful of relevant contemporary issues in Christian worship.
3. Musically trained – understand music from a variety of genres and generations, including hymns and
choruses while also keeping at the forefront of contemporary Christian music.
4. Outreach focus – implement a philosophy of worship which reaches people who need Christ by drawing
them into God’s house, as well as leading believers to a closer walk with Him.
· Oversee and resource all worship services at the church.
· Plan Sunday morning services in consultation with worship planning team.
· Act as the primary worship leader on Sunday mornings, providing a strong stage presence and vocals as well as smooth transitions between service elements.
· Supervise all paid and volunteer staff in Music, Worship & Fine Arts.
· Personally direct Music, Worship & Fine Arts groups and recruit gifted people to serve alongside.
· Build, manage and oversee multiple vocal and instrumental worship teams of high quality and expertise.
· Oversee sound and video equipment and staff for all facility areas which include A/V equipment.
· Manage instruments, music and equipment, including necessary maintenance, copyrights, and library.
· Maintain worship ministry financial performance on budget.
· Plan special and seasonal programs at Harvest, including staging and decoration planning of the Worship Center.
· Negotiate contracts and riders for outside groups being hosted by Harvest or utilizing Harvest facilities.
· Oversee & provide technical & staging support for all outside groups utilizing Harvest facilities.
· Vibrant, growing relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated in part by a commitment to personal times of prayer, worship, meditation and Bible study.
· A strong marriage and family life, with full support of his wife, providing a visible testimony to the Harvest family.
· Able to stay disciplined and diligent with both personal and professional time management; maintaining a balance between home and work life and being the spiritual leader to his children.
· Participate actively in the life of the church by attending Sunday services, as well as prayer meetings and other special events as scheduling permits and generally supporting and encouraging the other ministries of Harvest.
· Has a love and passion for God and His people.
· True worshipper in private and public life. Spiritually, relationally and emotionally healthy.
· Exceptional communication and organizational skills with adults of all ages and situations.
· A passion for and a successful track record of team building through leadership, recruiting, training and developing adult volunteer staff.
· Humble heart that balances musical excellence and care for others.
· Servant, team-oriented approach to leading others as the lead servant.
· Biblically manage team conflict.
· Loyalty to other staff and a commitment to team playing and building.
Vision Casting and Planning:
· Build a diverse team of staff and lay people whose purpose is to regularly pray for, encourage and provide constructive recommendations to the Worship Ministry Team.
· Provide strategic direction of Harvest’s Worship Ministries through the formal development of a Worship Ministries Strategic Ministry Plan under the guidance of the Oversight Team.
· Cast vision for all Worship Ministries at Harvest New Beginnings in a way that encourages them to complement one another and achieve synergy and effectiveness.
· Keep abreast of current trends in Christian music and provide leadership in implementing appropriate new forms of worship.
· Attend relevant conferences/training workshops to continually grow as a leader, a musician and a follower of Jesus.
· Recruit, train and provide ongoing support and leadership of Worship Ministry directors, leaders and volunteers assisting in all areas of worship.
· Prepare and provide oversight of the annual Worship Ministries budget.
· Maintain an effective working relationship with all staff.
· Communicate effectively and work with the Senior Pastor to determine the overall direction of Sunday services.
· Recruit, train and mentor vocalists, musicians and sound/media team members to provide a visually and acoustically excellent worship experience, including spiritual mentorship.
· Hold regular office hours and assist with other ministry needs as requested.
· Attend all staff functions as assigned by the Senior Pastor or Executive Pastor including weekly staff meetings, specified pastoral prayer times and staff retreats.
· Fulfill other pastoral duties as required (i.e. weddings, funerals, teaching, preaching, visitation, baptism, communion, etc.)
Reports To: Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor