Background of GCF:
Grace is located in the Finger Lakes region of NY just south of Syracuse and north of Binghamton. We are conveniently located just off of route 81 right between the towns of Homer and Cortland NY. Grace is a non-denominational Bible Church with a proud Baptist heritage changing its status in 2004 when we relocated to our new facility and entered into a new chapter of ministry.
Theologically we align closely with the Evangelical Free Church; which our Senior Pastor has his ordination through. The congregation at Grace is roughly 700 people on the weekends at our two contemporary worship service hours. The Youth Ministry has 80-100 teens involved in Youth Group and Sunday mornings. Our vision at Grace is to be an equipping ministry where we make disciples by equipping the saints for service.
As the Church continues to grow we are looking to add someone to join our team who has the ability to build upon our current youth ministry foundation and reach more teens in the Cortland area. We are anticipating adding additional Pastoral positions beyond the Youth Ministry area. This means there will be room for advancement beyond Youth Ministry if a candidate is called.
GCF is looking for a full time youth pastor who is about providing leadership, discipleship, and direction for the Teens of Cortland NY. The primary focus should be on integrating teens from the Homer and Cortland area into the Youth Ministry at Grace Christian Fellowship. The Youth Pastor will also be responsible for building an effective adult leadership team, producing excellent Youth Group experiences, and leading strong on the weekend.
1. Provide an organized weekly meeting for JR/SR High teens that incorporate Bible Study and Small groups through the Fall, Winter, and early Spring.
– Look for ways to develop teen leaders
– Recruit and Equip volunteers to work with teens
– Lead and provide service opportunities with teens
2. Think through, develop, and implement Sunday morning groups for JR/SR High students. This program should run similar to the school year: Sept – May.
– Recruit Leaders/Teachers to work with Teens on Sunday morning
– Assist in Sunday morning Worship as needed outside of teen classes
– Train/Equip leaders for this task
– Create an easy entry point and exit point for teachers/leaders
3. Connect relationally with the youth, youth leaders, and parents.
4. Follow up with new attenders of Youth Group and Sunday Morning activities.
5. Focus primarily on Homer and Cortland High schools to develop outreach opportunities to the teens utilizing volunteers and teachers who are connected to GCF.
6. Organize Fall event(s) for students; Organize winter/spring event(s) for students.
7. Set an example of godly character and lifestyle.
– Ability to develop adults and students to assume leadership roles
– Ability to relate to others, including adult leaders and the youth
– Capable of understanding and excelling the current youth ministry model
– Clearly explain complicated processes and regulations
– Provide objective solutions to complaints/inquiries
– Take initiative and jump headfirst into a fast-paced, evolving ministry environment
– Effective at multi-tasking and time management
– Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills
– Experience with programming of experiences and events for teens
– Exceptional problem solving skills
– Strong working knowledge of office equipment and software use
– Solid understanding of the Bible
– Basic understanding of youth ministry
– Competent in regards to technology and social media
– Administrative skills
– Teaching Ability
– Strong Communication
– Strong People skills
– Strong work ethic with ability to cast/work towards a vision for Youth Ministry
– Coaching Skills
Prefer a Bachelors Level Degree
This position receives general direction while working from established policies and objectives. This position plans and carries out assignments and will resolve most conflicts that arise. Completed work is generally monitored only to determine the effectiveness in meeting position/team objectives. This role works in a fast-paced environment with multiple daily interruptions. It is essential for this role to balance daily responsibilities, while maintaining a high level of concentration.