This ministry opportunity is unique in that local area churches have come together under The Goldendale Christian Fellowship (GCF) umbrella with the goal of working together to reach the students of Goldendale.
The GCF has unanimously agreed to fund and support a student program for Goldendale that crosses denominational boundaries and unites the local churches in spirit and resources. They appointed a 5 pastor Steering Committee to oversee and assist the couple in being successful in reaching the community. Their purpose is to provide counsel, advice and oversight to the outreach program. Their united statement of faith can be forwarded, as well as their Bylaws and membership roll.
The outreach program will closely follow the Young Life model of reaching youth. The couple will first reach out to middle school students and start forming a small group with those interested. They will continue to reach out and build the group into multiple small groups and will eventually begin to include high school students. They will begin larger weekly group events that attract the various ages, thus giving an alternative to negative activities, and attract those who may have never been to church. They will develop and implement various fun student ministry outings. The team will eventually co-develop with local pastors, an evangelistic teaching/outreach program for the adults of the students. This resource need will be staffed by local church leaders.
· Graduation from accredited Christian university or Bible College.
· Prefer 2+ years in successful youth ministry.
· Proven evangelistic gifting.
· An attitude that this is not a stepping stone to a large church or job opportunity. There must be a firm commitment to the community in order to be successful in this rural community.
· Agree with GCF statement of faith; and agree with not promoting a doctrinal preference other than the GCF statement of faith.
· Due to the need for local students to establish a close and consistent relationship with the ministry couple, a commitment for 5 years required.
· Small group and large group events will not meet in a local church – but will meet in the community.
· The primary purpose of the position is to evangelize the students and provide an alternate to existing negative activities..
· This position is for husband/wife combination. Both are needed to relate to the variety of students.
· The couple must live in Goldendale City limits in order to facilitate access to students.
· Develop relationships with male/female students; leading to life-on-life evangelism
· Attend local school events; involve self in local schools
· As relationships grow, begin small groups.
· Eventually develop into weekly evening group gatherings.
· Develop and implement monthly events that attract local students.
· Develop and implement regular student ministry outings.
· Work as a couple in reaching students.
· Work and partner with each church that has student activities.
· Maintain a non-competitive environment with local churches.
· Weekly reporting to leadership team.
· Monthly reporting to local pastoral association.
· Attend continuing education or spiritual refreshment activities as provided by GCF.
· Develop and maintain safe and appropriate venues for student events.
· Provide resume with all work experience.
· Provide 2 letters of recommendation from pastoral and/or past employer.
· Provide picture of applicants.
· Provide college transcripts.
· Submit via mail to:
Stillwater Ministries, 112 Woodland Road, Goldendale, WA 98620.
After submission, phone questions can be referred to Randy at 509.250.6334.