The Gathering Place is 3-year-old church seeking a Lead Pastor to shepherd us in our objective to call all people to become fully devoted followers of Jesus while passionately expressing our love for God, loving others, and seeking to live in the realities of the book of Acts.
Working in collaboration with church leadership, this person will:
- Oversee all aspects of the worship experience. Deliver impactful, relevant preaching that is directly applicable to daily life and inspires growth.
- Foster the spiritual growth of church members beyond the worship experience through avenues such as small groups, Bible study, outreach and fellowship.
- Direct church operations to support a sustainable model of ministry.
- Set strategic direction for the church. Establish goals and drive towards outcomes with measurable results (where feasible).
- Develop, mentor and empower staff and volunteers to effectively lead ministries (e.g., children, youth, worship, etc.).
- Build relationships within the community to identify opportunities for outreach/service and oversee execution on them.
with the end result being a congregation that is healthy, passionate and growing – both in spiritual maturity and in number.
The ideal candidate:
- Meets the Biblical qualifications in 1 Timothy 3
- Has a Spirit-filled character and follows the four essentials of the New Testament church in Acts 2:42:
- Emphasizes the power and practice of prayer
- Accurately and enthusiastically delivers the Word of God
- Encourages the family culture through the fellowship of believers
- Encourages corporate worship and breaking of bread
- Is gifted in attracting, cultivating and retaining relationships with a broad spectrum of individuals
- Displays a collaborative approach to leadership while also being willing to make sound decisions under pressure when necessary
- Possesses strong communication skills, both in one-on-one and group settings
- Takes an organized approach to church operation, setting priorities and maintaining focus to achieve optimal outcomes
- Has a proven record of fiscal responsibility
- Demonstrates flexibility in approach with an eye for excellence
Formal Biblical or seminary education preferred.
Oregon is the Seat of Ogle County in northwest Illinois, about 100 miles west of Chicago. It is predominantly a rural community with many multi-generational families. The area has lots of natural beauty and is home to three state parks.