STATUS: Part time
The mission of the Youth Ministry Coordinator of Epworth United Methodist is to define and implement the process, format, and structure to sustain a viable youth outreach program that continually reaches youth in the community, supports at risk youth, helps them to grow as individuals and leaders, presents the love of God, and whenever possible integrates them into the structure and fellowship of Epworth UMC.
HOURS: 5 hours each week plus 20 hours additional each month plus 30 hours additional each year
· 2019 Day (flexible with changing ministries)
o Every other Friday, evening
o Every other Sunday, morning
o Every other Thursday, evening
o First Saturday of the month, midday
o Every other 3rd Monday of the month, evening
· Meetings (in person and on phone) as scheduled
· Yearly Special Events
REPORTING TO: Greater Gaithersburg Youth Ministry Pastor
THE VISION OF EUMC: “To be a church of the community that invites, connects, disciples, and sends out people for Jesus Christ as the Holy Spirit transforms hearts, lives, and communities.
1. Greet youth and parents
- leaving 9am and coming to 10:30 am,
- leaving 10:30 service and coming to 12noon
2. Coordination of youth participation in worship whether through weekly service or youth led worship services or services with high youth participation (confirmation, graduating senior Sunday, mission Sunday)
3. Make any youth related announcement at end of 10:30 service and at beginning of Spanish service
4. Check in with:
- Youth Sunday School 12-1pm
- Youth Small groups meeting 12-1pm
- Family Life Group.
- Do not need to teach. Just make sure information is available to teachers, attendance is taken, and announcements made to students.
Youth Evening Activities
1. Coordinate Youth Evening Activities
- Ensure everything is set up and ready
- Ensure attendance is taken (via ipad)
- Lead Bible Study
- Coordinate Hang Out Event
Note: Starting Sept 2019, this will no longer be held at Epworth. GGYM Pastor will be in charge with Youth Coordinator supporting
1. Provide connection and Communication to local parents, families and youth. This includes:
- Ongoing weekly BILINGUAL Spanish /English communication regarding upcoming events
- Effective communication of large shared events (Mission trips, confirmation schedule, weekly gatherings, retreats etc.)
- Identify families and youth who are not integrating from the local church. Bring these names to the steering committee for action
2. Present unified youth ministry connection into local context , including but not limited to
- Using appropriate communication channels for calendar, information distribution
- Clearing building use with appropriate channels
- Providing appropriate teams with needed information (connecting with executive leadership, children and young adult ministries, and general vision
3. Bring areas of need, concerns, localized knowledge and awareness to youth pastor, steering committee, and Lead pastors.
Relationship Building with Parents And Youth
1. Build relationships with all youth at local level, encouraging them to become connected in to larger shared youth ministry. Develop mentoring/leadership development connection with select youth poised to grow.
2. Aide youth pastor in knowing gifts and skills of individual youth
3. Refer youth in need to Youth pastor for counseling.
1. Serve on GGYM Steering Committee with Youth Reps from all three churches
This includes but is not limited to attending meetings, serving as liaison with Youth pastor, supporting the formation and implementation of a shared youth ministry. Note: GGYM mtg is led by GGYM Pastor.
2. Met with GGYM team and/or GGYM Pastor
3. Attend EUMC FUEL Youth Meetings and EUMC Disciple meetings
Note: Meetings called/Led by Disciple Leads.
4. Attend Parent and Youth Disciple Meetings 4 X a year
5. Attend Youth Conference Call.
Note: Agenda and reminder done by Youth Coordinator. Call Led by Youth Coordinator or GGYM Pastor.
6. Attend additional called Meetings as needed for events like:
- Mission Brunch
- Small Groups
7. Attend EUMC Staff Meetings (typically same day GGYM meetings, only 4 a year)
1. Work with GGYM and Children’s Ministry Lead on Special Events
Note: Youth Coordinator is not expected to be at all these events
- ROCK – February weekend
- Youth Retreats – 1 or 2 per year
- VBS week – 2nd week after youth school ends for the Summer
- Youth Mission Trip in Summer (week long overnight and offsite)
- Soccer Clinic 6-8pm one week in summer
- Basketball Clinic 6-8pm one week in summer
- Fluent in Spanish
- Safe Sanctuary Training and Acknowledgement
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Background check