Children’s Ministry Director leads the Children’s Ministry at Legacy Christian Church focused on children and their families from infancy through fifth grade. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, training and oversight of paid and volunteer leaders; provide vision, strategy, and development for a ministry plan that helps children grow in their faith and aiding parents in their role as spiritual leaders in their family.
- Profess faith in Jesus and spend time in spiritual disciplines.
- Continue to grow spiritually and professionally through reading, listening to training resources, taking classes and attending conferences and seminars.
- Set a Christlike example in words and actions for the children and adults.
- Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers.
- To provide vision, strategy, & development for all Children’s Ministry environments (birth – 5th grade).
- To enlist and provide leadership, direction and training for all Children’s Ministry Staff and Volunteers
- To review, purchase and oversee the implementation of curriculum for the Large Group/Small Group teaching environments (birth – 5th grade).
- To plan and oversee special events related to the Children’s Ministry
- To develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic learning environments.
- To oversee childcare for various ministries and all-church events as directed and needed.
- To oversee the check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
- To meet regularly with the Lead Pastor to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
- To help see that every child is actively growing in their faith.
- To encourage and motivate the children in a growing commitment and connection to the body of Christ and an expanding contribution to the mission of Christ.
- To help parents be involved in the spiritual formation of their child’s life.
- To annually develop and oversee the Children’s Ministry budget so it effectively and wisely utilizes church resources and maximizes ministry opportunity.
- To participate in staff meetings, providing up-to-date information about ministry and to maintain excellent relationships and open communication with all staff.
- A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Preferably have an educational background in Christian Ministries, Biblical Studies, or a related field.
- 15 – 20 hours a week
- $15,000 – $18,000.00
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume, along with a cover letter, to Willisa@harrisonlegacy.com