At a Glance:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about sharing Jesus with children in a way that makes sense to them and ministers to their families. This person needs to be able to create an exciting and thoughtful ministry environment for kids, raise up volunteer teams, and equip families to disciple children outside of church. We expect this person to be current on the latest in kids ministry strategy and to consistently look to stay on the cutting edge. Our Minister to Children and Families will plan all aspects of the kids weekend services, including: teaching a lesson plan; organize all weekly, quarterly and yearly events; recruit and manage volunteers for services, classrooms, events and programs; choosing curriculum, and organizing worship. This position requires strong personal leadership and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and demonstrable leadership experience in children’s ministry.
• Provide programming for children from birth through the 5th grade.
• Work with staff and leaders to choose engaging and age-appropriate curriculum for the entire children’s ministry. Schedule the use of the curriculum and oversee its implementation.
• Organize and execute annual events, such as: VBS, Summer Camp, and other family events.
• Lead, schedule, manage, and minister to volunteers for the entire children’s ministry.
• Oversee all children’s ministry
• Attend weekly staff meetings, children’s ministry team meetings, and other meetings as
• Help create positive staff culture.
• A Bachelor’s degree is preferred; demonstrable leadership experience in children’s ministry is required.
• Ability to create fun and engaging ministry environments for children and their families.
• Ability to create fun and engaging community-wide events for children and their families.
• Works well with other people.
• Skilled in attracting, assessing and equipping volunteers and developing them to their fullest
• Capable of effectively working with volunteers from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
• In agreement with the vision, beliefs, and mission of our church.
• Be a mature and growing Christian who maintains spiritual and moral integrity in every area of life.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Responsible for planning a dynamic elementary-aged worship experience every week.
• Responsible for the promotion of the children’s ministry and its events through multiple
platforms, including social media.
• Ensure the safety, both physically and emotionally, of all children who participate in the
• Responsible for developing the comprehensive standards, curricula, and programming as well
as ensuring its successful implementation and alignment with the overall vision of the church.
• Create a high energy, and age-appropriate weekly environment for all children regardless of
their learning level.
• Excited to implement modern and creative approaches to learning and teaching techniques.
About Orlando and College Park:
College Park is a highly desirable downtown neighborhood in Orlando. Even though it is in the heart of the city, College Park continues to feel like a small town within a big city. The close-knit, planned community feel that it provides makes it a prime location for families in Orlando. We have great schools all around us that welcome our involvement, including a Christian school that meets on our campus! Orlando is one of the fastest growing cities in the nation and attracts people from all over the country. Just because we know you are wondering: It is about a thirty minute drive to Disney and Universal from our church and about forty-five minutes to the beach.
If you feel like God may be leading you our way, let’s talk!