Christ Community Church in Omaha, Nebraska is searching for a Kids Ministry Pastor with a heart for discipling the next generation of believers! This position provides vision, direction, teaching, and leadership development for the Kids Ministry (birth-5th grade) of Christ Community Church in order to partner with parents in discipling children to know, love and follow Jesus.
About the Church:
The story of Christ Community Church began in 1921 in Omaha, Nebraska. Dr. R.R. Brown established the Omaha Gospel Tabernacle as part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance. In 1982 the name was changed to Christ Community Church, the current buildings were completed, and God blessed the ministry with significant influence and growth. The current Lead Pastor Mark Ashton joined CCC in 2006 with a powerful vision to reach the city, the nation, and the world with the love of Christ. For 96 years, Christ Community Church has been making disciples of Jesus for Kingdom impact. We have been seeking the deeper life in Christ and sending missionaries to the least-reached places on the planet. Over the years, we have seen kids raised to love Jesus, marriages restored, lost people found, lonely people included, pain healed, hospitals built, pastors trained, and love poured out worldwide. Thousands have trusted Christ and grown to become ambassadors for Jesus in a needy world.
We are looking for someone with:
- Character qualities of an elder described in 1 Tim. 2 and Titus
- Education in Bible, child development and kids ministry. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Alignment with the C&MA, as well as mission and vision of CCC
- C&MA Licensing is required, ordination/consecration preferred.
- 3+ years experience leading a kids ministry in a dynamic, creative, fast paced environment with 200+ kids in weekly attendance.
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership and development of leaders, staff and coaches
- Ability to handle multiple high-level projects simultaneously
- A passion for kids and families
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Developing/implementing/nurturing Kids Ministry vision, strategy and whole church alignment (30%)
- Leading a paid staff team with 6 team members. (25%)
- Leading, shepherding and overseeing team of 600+ coaches and leaders (20%)
- Teaching and weekly ministry execution (15%)
- Administration and church wide efforts (10%)
- This position will oversee a Kids Ministry staff of 3 full-time and 3 part-time employees.
- In partnership with the ministry directors, this position will oversee all Sunday and Wednesday kids ministry coaches and leaders.
What we believe: https://www.cccomaha.org/what-we-believe/
Kids Ministry Staff: https://www.cccomaha.org/staff/
Details about this and other positions at CCC: https://www.cccomaha.org/jobs