General Purpose: Each staff position at Calvary Church is a ministry position. All employees are responsible for supporting and furthering the vision of Calvary Church through service of one another, our congregation, and our surrounding communities.
Purpose: Coordinate and implement the communication efforts of Calvary Church’s ministries, both in house and with the community in an effort to support and further the vision of Calvary Church. Administrative support for the services programming teams.
Key responsibilities at Calvary:
• Communication System: maintain the communication system between the communication department and all departments of Calvary Church
• Work with Staff Writer / Editor to coordinate in-house media vehicles: the monthly, weekly emails, and printed promotional materials as well as video production as a means of communicating and story-telling
• Support each department in the development of departmental communication systems and materials including the oversight of the creation of promotional materials in all print and electronic forms.
• Maintain information areas/info racks used by the general church public
Social and Digital Media
• Social Media: Further the utilization of the social media system; including streamlining tools, standardized scheduling, training for departmental use, and maximizing the impact of all the appropriate social media tools.
• Digital Marketing: Maintain Calvary’s digital marketing strategy, utilizing current tools for optimization, PPC, etc to enhance Calvary’s presence in the community.
Website & Church App
• Oversee, maintain and utilize the website and church app for all appropriate communication purposes for both Calvary attenders and those in our community researching Calvary.
• Adaptability, ease of use, current information, and integrated with social media are all-important website and church app values.
• Maintain a church-wide perspective with ministries and be proactive in providing connecting points
• Ability to recruit, develop, and lead volunteers
• Support supervisor with weekly administrative needs pertaining to the Sunday morning services
• Other administrative support as needed
Accountability: This role reports to the Director of Worship, Creative, and Tech Arts.
Leadership/Functional (communication, initiative, technological tools, quality, follows procedures/processes)
❖ Demonstrate problem identification, analysis, & effective problem-solving
❖ Practice and model clear and honest communication
❖ Seek input and ideas from others
❖ Show consideration for the needs, motivations, and skills of others when offering advice
❖ Train and coach others
❖ Model effective planning and organization
❖ Manifest excellence in work
❖ Excellent proofreading and grammar skills
❖ Endorse all policies, procedures, and documents in the Calvary Church Employee Manual in its entirety
Personal (strategic and critical thinking skills, judgment, interpersonal skills, spiritual and discipleship engagement)
❖ Possess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agree with Calvary’s doctrinal statement and philosophy of ministry
❖ Demonstrate enthusiasm for the mission and vision of Calvary and actively engage in church and personal efforts to live out and further them
❖ Personally engage in a lifestyle of spiritual transformation through disciplines and missional living
❖ Personal involvement in the ministry of Calvary through attendance, service, and financial support of the ministry
❖ Actively seek to build positive and godly working relationships with staff and volunteers that are then conducive to effective service to God
❖ Serve as a leader by engaging in the various teams served on in healthy and encouraging ways and by setting an example for godly conduct
Work schedule: This is a full-time hourly position that involves 40 hours a week.