Job Summary/Primary Role: The Executive Assistant to the President will help to create a culture of excellence for ABWE by cultivating an atmosphere of joy, service, generosity and volunteerism. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative, logistical, and project support for the President. This individual will enhance and facilitate the President’s workload and ministry with an emphasis on balancing his contacts and communications according to given priorities with God, the Board, Donors, Pastors, Constituency, Administration, and Missionaries.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates, assembles, and maintains information for the President to include calendar, Board meetings, ABWE events, administrative meetings, personal appointments, speaking engagements, etc.
- Plans and prepares for Board meetings to include assembling information, handling logistics, facilitating communications and recording.
- Makes travel arrangements including flights, car service/rentals, lodging, directions, visas, travel documents; maintains records and attains all information and logistics for speaking engagements.
- Manages contacts, communications, and appointments via letters, emails, phone calls, faxes, and personal appointments.
- Oversees filing and archiving of files, Board minutes and memos, data, correspondence, administrative decisions, reports, etc.
- Keeps the President in tune with the culture and needs of the International Headquarters.
- Assists the President and Senior Leadership Team in the navigation of strategic initiatives and required follow through.
- Previews correspondence and completes research to prepare the President for meetings, speaking engagements and appointments.
- Able to speak and correspond with top donors in order to build long-term relationships.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
Qualifications: Ability to pass background check and all necessary clearances as mandated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
Minimum Prior Experience: Previous administrative experience required, experience supporting senior-level management preferred. Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ with a heart to serve.
- Detail-oriented and organized. Exhibits great time management.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Able to maintain information and documents that are highly confidential in nature.
- Takes initiative and anticipates needs.
- Strong relational skills.
- Energetic and deadline oriented.
- Effective communication skills (listening, verbal, written, telephone, email).
- Able to work alone or in a team environment.
- Exhibits sound judgment.
ABWE is a Christian organization, and it is necessary that employees possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. Employees are encouraged to participate in staff events including corporate and departmental prayer times, staff meetings and lunches.
All ABWE employees must:
- Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a like-minded local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
- Be able to fully support ABWE’s mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
- Be able to follow all guidelines set for in the ABWE Employee Handbook.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and testimony of salvation to firstname.lastname@example.org.