The worship team leader will work closely with our pastor in cultivating worship services and worship teams that help lead our congregation to see and savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ, in the power of the Spirit. Fostering dynamic congregational worship is a key priority for FCC-Hanson. This includes regularly introducing new music into our worship repertoire. We are seeking an individual who is called and gifted by God in the following areas:
1. Planning our weekly Sunday 11:00am worship service. Choosing contemporary congregational songs that engage the congregation and support the reading and preaching of God’s Word.
2. Modeling and leading heartfelt worship in an invitational style – that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus.
3. Recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training musicians in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and humility.
4. Leading weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (A) preparation for Sunday and (B) cultivation of Christ-centered community.
5. Building on our traditions and having a vision for where God might be calling our congregation and our musicians to grow in new expressions of worship.
6. Serving as a member of the ministry team at First Congregational – Hanson, demonstrating a commitment to this congregation and its mission.