Cornerstone Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist church located in Greensboro, NC. Cornerstone is led by Lead Pastor Dr. Rick Byrd who has served at Cornerstone for 22 years. The church currently has two services offered at 9:00a, and 10:30a. The first service offers a blended worship style with a choir while the second service is contemporary with a full band. Attendance currently runs around 400 each Sunday for their main worship services.
The church is seeking the right candidate to serve as our new Worship Pastor to oversee the worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Work with the Lead Pastor to define and develop the ongoing vision for worship at Cornerstone.
- Plan, prepare for and lead the church’s weekly worship services and special services as needed.
- Oversee all Worship Ministry volunteers and staff, under the direction of the Lead Pastor.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of special worship events (Christmas, Easter, banquets, etc.)
- Recruit vocalists, musicians, and supporting individuals as needed to support all worship services.
- Work with the Lead Pastor to introduce and integrate worship activities, approaches, and technologies
- Plan and lead weekly rehearsals of the adult choir, praise team, and praise band to include both musical and spiritual training.
- Coordinate and provide oversight for lay leadership of the children’s music programs.
- Select and plan music for special events (Christmas, Easter, banquets, etc.).
- Coordinate all the above with the church accompanist.
- Oversee the purchase and maintenance of music, instruments, equipment, and supplies for worship.
- Maintain music library and associated records.
- Supervise work of any music associate and/or church accompanist.
- Create a written order of worship to be submitted to the church secretarial staff each week in advance of the services, and coordinate with the various participating individuals (e.g. musicians, vocalists, sound and technical team(s), etc.).
- Be responsible for the setup of equipment and instruments needed for all worship services, including any needed audio/video projections.
- Work in coordination with the Sound and Technology team(s) for all worship services.
- Develop and monitor annual budget for worship and music.
- Keep informed on worship and music activities, methods, and technologies to enhance all aspects of worship.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and other meetings as directed by the Lead Pastor.
- Serve on the Church Council.
- In conjunction with the Lay Ministry Team, enlist and train workers for the worship and music ministries.
- Participate in the church’s other ministries (e.g. hospital, outreach, evangelism, crisis, etc.).
- Lead in music outreach engaging the church members to participate with their families.
- Assist the Lead Pastor and other staff members as needed.
- First and foremost, maintain and foster a healthy spiritual walk to be able to lead people with spiritual maturity and wisdom.
- Excellent worship leadership abilities.
- Outstanding technical music expertise (i.e. choral and instrumental skills, etc.)
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain a high level of trust with lay leadership.
- Mature and confident in his faith.
- A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred, though not required.
- At least five years of experience in full time worship leadership.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/cornerstonegso
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at [email protected].