The Worship Pastor leads and directs the Worship Ministry of Arise Church Denver. The Worship Pastor creates Sunday services that welcome the unchurched while leading the church into passionate worship as we follow Jesus together.
This position would also be responsible to direct one other ministry area in the church. This area would be determined based on best fit.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Direct the Worship Ministry (WM) of Arise Church.
- Coordinate with the Lead Pastor (LP) to craft engaging Sunday morning experiences.
- Strive to make the Sunday experience warm and welcoming.
- Make yourself available to direct people, answer questions, pray and counsel people.
- Run rehearsals and coach musicians.
- Lead, plan, and manage the weekly worship services, special events, and “big days” (Easter, Christmas, Fall Kickoff).
- Prepare for Communion Sundays.
- Find ways to ramp up our production quality.
- Create systems and processes to make Sunday morning’s run smoother.
- Champion WM and our Core Value of Passionate Worship.
- Manage the WM and whichever other ministry area.
- Oversee budgets.
- Ensure all necessary background checks are performed for volunteers.
- Keep WM equipment organized.
- Manage the WM calendar in relation to the entire church’s calendar.
- Direct and manage another ministry area within the church.
- Shepherd the flock as a pastor:
- Come alongside the LP and the Associate Pastor to assist with shepherding responsibilities (counseling, visitation, etc.).
- Be a “gas pedal” to the LP’s vision–making ideas into reality through execution and management.
- Be a Team Player.
- Attend staff meetings and service planning meetings.
- Collaborate with others, especially the Lead Pastor & Tech Director.
- Be willing to engage in tasks outside your responsibility.
- Maintain a teachable and collaborative spirit.
- Jump in to help with all-hands-on-deck events (Christmas Eve, Easter, etc.).
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the LP.
- Biblical knowledge.
- Shepherd’s heart.
- Skilled vocalist/musician.
- Ability to direct other vocalists and musicians.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Follower of Jesus:
- Growing in love for God and his people.
- Committed to developing a personal relationship with Jesus.
- Member of Arise Church, or willingness to become one:
- Attends regularly, participates in a community group, serves somewhere, tithes generously, and maintains integrity.
- Reports to: LP.
- Direct Reports: WM volunteers
You must sign in to apply for this position.