VIEW FULL CHURCH PROFILE HERE: frootgroup.com/galilee
Galilee Christian Church is a Christian Church located in Jefferson, GA, a small family town about 60 miles outside of Atlanta. The church is led by Senior Minister Nick Vipperman, who has been the lead pastor at the church for the last nine years. Galilee currently has two services offered at 9:00a and 11:00a. The first service offers a traditional worship style and the latter offers a modern style of worship. The church saw around 600 each Sunday for their main worship services pre-COVID. They are currently meeting in person and are also live-streaming both services.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Worship Minister to oversee their worship ministry while leading in the modern service. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
- Spend time developing relationships with lost people so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Galilee Christian Church.
- Plan the corporate worship services of Galilee in consultation with the Senior Minister and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, etc.
- Plan, in coordination with the Senior Minister and other staff events that involve the worship ministry that are outside of the normal “Sunday Morning Worship” set up. i.e. “Worship Nights,” Worship team involvement for big outreach events, VBS, Christmas Programs…etc.
- Serve as lead worshiper in primarily the modern worship service, though will be seen as Worship Pastor over the entire ministry.
- Build strategies with the eventual traditional worship leader to strive for continual unity between the two worship services.
- Help resource the eventual traditional worship leader to help them succeed in their role.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Provide Ministerial care for all of the volunteers on the worship teams.
- Introduce our worship teams to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Be willing to assist with the various services and special events that Galilee plans.
- Attend all staff and congregational meetings.
- Participate with the other ministers on staff with Pastoral Care as needed.
- Assist with music at funerals and weddings as needed/asked by the Senior Minister.
- Oversee those staff in the Worship Ministry assigned to you, including a tech director, student ministry worship leader, choir director, and eventual traditional worship leader.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- A “can do” attitude. A willingness to be flexible and highly motivated to give grace to all you interact with.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the Mission and Vision at Galilee.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader – leading and growing an impactful worship ministry. Has the ability to lead both worship services.
- Is creative minded yet organized and strong with communication skills.
- A heart for the spiritual health of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to teamwork, an enthusiastic presence, a positive attitude, and an ability to interact positively with volunteers and the congregation.
- Demonstrates effective and timely organization, administration, and volunteer coordination. A self-starter who needs minimal direction or oversight.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship, and the wisdom to know when to and when not to use it.
- A passion and demonstrated ability to raise up leaders.
- Alignment with the main tenets of theology taught at Galilee.
- Strong vocalist.
- Can lead with either piano/keys or guitar.
- Has a working knowledge of running tracks through either Ableton, Prime, Playback, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
- Has at least 5 years of full time experience in a similar church/ministry is preferred.
Reports to: Senior Minister
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/galilee.
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.