The Worship and Creative Director is to bring attendees, visitors, and members deeper into connection with Jesus through worship and creative interaction both in person and digitally. Helping to fulfill the mission of Friendship in the weekend services, youth services, and all forms of digital media. This position requires a heart for Jesus and a heart for growing His church through leading people in worship. This role will require a constant pursuit of excellence both on and off stage, steady growth as a follower of Christ, shepherd of people, and musician/worship leader. In addition, he will manage the creative elements of Friendship, including our media presence, video production and technical needs.
Friendship is located in the Lugoff area of Kershaw County in South Carolina but attracts people from the entire county and other surrounding counties. It has become a regional church. Situated only 20 to 30 minutes from Columbia, the state capital, the area is the fastest growing and most affluent in the county. Many people seek to move to this area due to lower taxes and a great school system. With a thriving economy, many commute for work which causes the unemployment rate for the community to be very low. It is an easy commute to Columbia, the University of South Carolina, Fort Jackson Army base and Shaw Air Force base.
The Kershaw County School District consists of 20 public schools. KCSD students have average test scores of 54% which is 16% higher than the South Carolina average and 9% higher than the national average. The University of South Carolina is located a short drive away and offers many opportunities for jobs and additional education. There are numerous other two and four year, public and private, post secondary campuses in the area.
Just a 30 minute drive outside of Lugoff, Sesquicentennial State Park is a natural sanctuary that offers visitors a place to fish, boat, hike, and camp or spend the day relaxing. Lake Wateree with it’s opportunities to fish, boat and camp is only a 20 minute drive. One can be at the beach or in mountains with in a 2.5 hour drive making it very easy for day or short weekend trips.
You can enjoy a lifestyle in Kershaw County like no other. There is plenty of opportunity for pleasure when the workday is done as museums, concert halls, and theatres are minutes away and bring the arts to life. Spending time outdoors will take you to lakes, zoos, golf courses, national parks, hiking and biking trails. Kershaw County is rich in history dating back to before the Revolutionary Wary. And a two hour drive gets you to the beach or to the mountains.
· Be responsible for leading the Worship Ministry at Friendship to an ever-increasing level of worship engagement and excellence.
· Serve as the primary Worship Leader for the weekend and student services. He/she will develop other worship leaders and will not be the only worship leader for Friendship.
· Organize the worship team(s) in all services.
· Prepare the order of each weekend services in conjunction with the Lead and/or Executive Pastor. Student services will be coordinated with the Student Pastor.
· Train, equip, and oversee volunteers for ministry in worship environments.
· Lead volunteer teams of singers, musicians and technicians musically and spiritually.
· Organize weekly practices for the worship vocalists and musicians.
· Meet monthly with the worship team to disciple, plan, troubleshoot, strategize, and cast vision on behalf of the Worship Ministry.
· Plan and implement services with a Christmas and Easter emphasis each year.
· Give priority to the act of including new members of the congregation in the Worship Ministry.
· Collaboratively plan media and technical elements for services including video and graphics.
Education: The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree. Although not required, a seminary degree or further theological training is a great bonus.
Experience: The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Worship Pastor, with two plus years of experience working in a church or ministry of 400 plus attendees.
Experiences and traits that will make you a great fit for this position if:
· You have experience leading/supporting worship and media needs in a larger church environment (400-plus).
· You have media experience is a great bonus.
· You have experience programming a weekend service, including lights, ProPresenter, live streaming video and live sound.
· You can commit to the doctrine, vision, values, and beliefs of Friendship Church.
· You know how to lead through leaders, with experience in recruiting and training, and know how to empower them.
· You feel confident leading worship in student/young adult/weekend worship environments.
· You know the “ins and outs” of working on a team, and highly value collaboration and communication.
You’ll love Friendship if:
· You care about the people you work with and want your coworkers to care about you.
· You’re a self-starter and can lead creatively and conscientiously.
· You know that staffs function best when the church comes before the department.
· Serving those around you is something you lovingly do.
· You understand that authenticity and vulnerability breeds trust, and therefore are assets not liabilities.
Interested parties are to submit resume AND link to various videos of you leading worship. Submissions not including a video link will not be reviewed. All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact the church. We will follow up with qualified individuals.