Inspire students to love God and others more than themselves.
· 3-5 years minimum of leading or working in Student Ministry in a church setting. Preference will be given to those with experience in a large (1,000+), multi-site church.
· Seminary degree is preferred, but not required.
· Demonstrated ability to teach practical, Biblically based messages to large crowds of students. Submitting a link to a video of the candidate teaching is preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and execute retreats, camps, and mission trips accommodating large numbers of students and adult sponsors.
· Ability to lead & inspire staff, providing clearly communicated goals and expectations of progress.
· A demonstrated, growing, and personal relationship with Jesus.
· Married candidate is strongly preferred, but not required.
NOTE: While the Student Pastor is not expected to personally execute all these responsibilities and delegation is expected, the Student Pastor remains responsible for the outcomes of each of the following:
· Teaching a large group lesson to students on Sunday mornings.
· Recruiting, training, and appreciating volunteers in the Student Ministry.
· Leading & inspiring staff to accomplish goals, including Student Ministry staff at multi-site locations.
· Hiring summer interns and equipping them to serve as ministry leaders currently and in the future.
· Setting specific & measurable goals for the Student Ministry.
· Planning, leading, and executing retreats, camps, & mission trips.
· Identifying student leaders and using them as extensions to lead in the Student Ministry.
· Thinking ahead by structuring staff, weekly programing, and events for double digit growth.
· Making sure Student Small Groups run effectively and smoothly.
· Working the assimilation process to ensure new students are folded into the Student Ministry.
· Working with the lead pastor at other locations to evaluate and improve Student Ministry at that location.