Northshore Community Church is seeking a Part-Time Production Team Assistant who has in-depth knowledge of and experience with technical systems (i.e. audio, lighting, video and presentation software). The Production Team Assistant will work in concert with our Director of Production Arts towards our goal of offering our members an enriching and engaging worship experience. We are looking for a positive, servant leader who is very tech-savvy and able to learn and master new technology quickly and thoroughly.
Primary Duties and Responsibility:
- Assistance with musical and production tasks
- Prepare and operate tech needs for special events across Northshore campus
- Involvement with Sunday production teams
- AVL Training and Support for other NCC Ministries
Rehearsals and Sunday Services (40%)
- In production rotation 2x per month
- Personal preparation for weekend services
Meetings and Development (20%)
- Creative ideation
- Dept. meeting
- Production meeting
- 1 on 1 development meeting
Event Media Support (40%)
- Organize media intake for internal & external needs
- Train and develop ministry staff and volunteers on operation of AVL gear across campus
- Maintain/Clean AVL areas and gear
- Proficient in wiring, soldering, repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of technical systems.
- Able to operate digital consoles, specifically, the Yamaha Commercial Audio line.
- Able to set up audio systems, which includes, patching, routing, and system verification.
- Experience in operating lighting systems, specifically Vista systems, along with knowledge of system patching, fixture addressing, and cable routing.
- Able to operate video system switching, routing, projectors, converts, signal flow, processing and verification, specifically Ross video systems.
- Familiar with various audio systems, media types, and large-format digital consoles.
- Strong ethical standards; ability to create trust and integrity with co-workers, volunteers, and community.
- Good organizational skills and able to manage a variety of tasks.
- Experience in recruiting, training, and supporting volunteers.
- Experience in managing or coordinating projects and volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Administrative, attentive to detail, and able to maintain records and produce clear reports.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, but also able to work independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- The ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity.
- Formal education is not required; however, it is necessary to have at least 2 years’ experience working in an audio, video, and lighting environment.
- Experience serving in a technical role at a church with 1000+ in weekly attendance preferred.