South Fellowship is looking for a Lead Pastor with a major focus on serving as a pastor to our congregation through preaching/teaching and leading/mentoring.
Pastor and Teacher
The Lead Pastor’s primary role is pastor-teacher, reaching the full church body largely through worship services. As the primary teacher, his messages must be rooted in a responsible interpretation of the Bible, relating the Scriptures to current relevant experiences and cultural realities, ultimately encouraging a faithful love for God, each other, and those far from Him. This results as the Lead Pastor devotes adequate time to pray, plan, and prepare his messages. His dedication to study leads the flock he shepherds to live in the way of Jesus with the heart of Jesus. Guided by the Holy Spirit, the Lead Pastor will help South Fellowship witness and experience proper counsel, encouragement, instruction, and correction, always with a heart of love.
- Operates as the church’s primary Bible teacher and preacher, responsible for the regular Bible teaching ministry of the church
- Oversees, along with the Elders, the theology of all teaching in the church
- Collaborates with the Worship Pastor and others to plan the worship services
- Shepherds members of the body both corporately and individually
- Preaches approximately 35 weeks a year
- Ensures Gospel is the central focus
Leader and Mentor
The Lead Pastor also has the role of being a servant leader and mentor. This is done through serving with the Executive Pastor, together with the Elders, in the responsibility of discerning the direction God is leading South Fellowship as we live in the way of Jesus with the heart of Jesus.
Highly visible to the community at South Fellowship, the Lead Pastor cultivates the long-term vision and supports the journey to follow God’s leading and direction.He also shares general oversight for all church ministries with the Executive Pastor whose day-to-day responsibility is the management of staff and volunteers.
Both the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor serve together to create a well-balanced ministry that flourishes. Together they recognize and value dependence on the Holy Spirit and the development of other leaders, always seeing people as more important than programs and protecting them from destructive over-commitment, self-sufficiency or from working outside of their giftedness.
- Lead and champion the overall vision for the direction God is leading South Fellowship
- Serve as a spiritual leader and mentor for the church
- Serve with the Executive Pastor in protecting the vision and carrying out the scope of responsibilities through oversight of staff and volunteers
- Collaborate with the Elder team
- Supervise Executive Pastor and Administrative Assistant
- Lead the direction of the church within the challenges of our modern culture