Forefront is a non-denominational church located in Virginia Beach, VA just a few minutes from the beach. Forefront is led by Lead Pastor Jason Bedell, who has been the lead pastor at the church for the last 11 years. The church currently has three services offered at 8:30a, 10:00a, and 11:30a. The three services are identical that offer a modern style of worship. Attendance currently runs around 500 each Sunday for their main worship services.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Creative Arts Pastor to oversee their worship ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Responsible for shepherding and pastoring those involved in the Creative Arts Ministry.
- This includes, but is not limited to, meeting regularly with volunteers, guiding spiritually, pastoral counseling/direction when needed, etc. When we are involved in the lives of our volunteers, our church is healthier in the process.
- Encourage, vision cast, and lead the worship teams.
- This includes selection of music, recruitment, rehearsals, and executing the regularly scheduled services and special events.
- Develop and recruit new musicians to the worship team.
- When we are always challenging the team to new heights in musicianship and ministry, the church grows and learns together.
- Assist in developing the talents of the tech and arts teams through trainings, encouragement and pastoral care.
- Outside training options are available as well as online and conference trainings when needed. Tech, Lights, and Sound are the backbone of making any service or event happen without a glitch.
- Be responsible for planning the worship services in partnership with the lead pastor.
- This includes but is not limited to series planning, creative elements, special music, video elements, etc. The goal is to take creativity and weave it into every service to make much of Jesus and introduce people to His love and grace.
- Be responsible for assuring that all equipment used by the church are kept in good working order.
- Any updates, repairs, and/or upgrades to instruments and equipment will be submitted in a timely manner to the Adult Ministries Pastor.
- Be responsible for assuring that those participating on the worship team are adequately prepared and that the music selected is appropriate.
- Everyone involved in the worship ministry can be at their best when they are equipped properly. It’s the role of the Creative Arts Pastor to provide the proper tools, music, chord sheets, scripts, etc for the bands and those involved to be able to prepare and be at their best.
- Provide oversight for the video, tech, and creative teams.
- Along with the Creative Arts Pastor, these volunteers edit weekly videos, handle the podcast, Facebook Live services, digital hub (Nucleus site), run and maintain all the tech in our worship spaces, and build and dream up set-designs for bi-monthly sets as they are refreshed. A solid handle on Adobe Creative Suite is an added bonus (i.e. Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator).
- Maintain Planning Center Online
- Currently we use Planning Center Online for our bands, and creative team. We would like to switch to Church Community Builder, which is used for the rest of the church in all aspects of ministry.
- Learn the systems and technical aspects of the ministry area.
- These include but are not limited to: lighting system, sound system and board, visual displays throughout the building, pro presenter and corresponding systems, etc. A full knowledge of the systems aids in being able to troubleshoot technical issues as well as train new volunteers as we recruit people to the Creative Arts Ministry.
- Be present and available when called upon as a team member for other functions, ministry needs, and team situations.
- We are a team and function as a cohesive unit to minister to the community God has tasked us to at Forefront Church. This means there will be events outside the silo of your ministry you will be asked to not only attend, but engage the people of the church to foster relationships and help them as we fulfill the mission of the church.
- Attend conferences, trainings, and retreats as called upon by the lead pastor.
- We believe that leaders are learners. As learners, we take time to learn from different leaders and speakers to grow as pastors, so we can serve our community.
- First and foremost, maintain and foster a healthy spiritual walk so you can lead people from a place of overflow.
- Has an evangelistic mindset and heart for the lost.
- Proficiency in creative elements: worship leading, visual, audio, lighting
- Strong vocal ability and preferably guitar skills.
- No formal college degree required.
- At least three years of experience in leading worship teams preferred but not required.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/forefront
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com.