Due West UMC
Mission: Inviting our community to join us as we gather in worship, grow in Jesus Christ, and go serve.
Director of Music Ministries
Objective: To spiritually grow and guide our congregation and community through music.
Due West United Methodist church in Marietta, GA is seeking a full-time Director of Music Ministries. Due West has an average weekly worship of 800, in 3 services of varying styles each Sunday morning. Other seasonal worship services, concerts, and special events are conducted throughout the year. Due West has a strong vibrant music program including Graded children’s choirs, Youth, Adult and Sr. Adult choirs, orchestra, 5 octave handbell choir and several vocal and musical ensembles.
This position requires strong communication skills, and ability to articulate one’s faith and call to the ministry of sacred music. Must be comfortable and effective leading worship. (Strong vocalist would be a plus.) This position requires weekly staff meetings, management of all musical aspects of the church, supervisory position over assistants and technical teams. Applicants must be adept at up-to-date modern modes of worship technology. (i.e. Sing Slide, Pro-Presenter, Logic and Planning Center) The best candidate would have exceptional enthusiasm, creativity and innovation to effectively challenge and grow our music ministry in such a way as to glorify Jesus Christ in our congregation and community.
Submissions should include a cover letter, detailed resume, three references (including contact information), a professional and /or personal recording of an instrumental performance, and a choral performance. Application packet must be submitted in a single PDF file to Dr. David Campbell at [email protected]
· Full time position
· Enthusiastic vocalist/musician with experience leading a choir and leading worship in congregational settings
· Lead our strong vibrant music program, which is known in our community.
o Director of Chancel Choir, Ladies’ Ensemble, Worship Choir
o Supervisor of Praise Band for 9:45, Praise Team and Worship, Orchestra, Youth Choir, Graded Children’s Choirs and 5 octave Handbell Choir
· Plan 3 weekly Sunday morning worship services of varying styles
· Schedule weekly Praise Team and hire additional instrumentalists as needed
· Wednesday responsibilities:
o Lead Chancel Choir rehearsal (11:00 am-12:00 pm)
o Lead Adult Choir rehearsal (7:00-8:30 pm)
· Sunday morning responsibilities:
o Lead worship with pastors for 8:30 and 11 services and oversee the worship with pastors for 9:45
o Select and order new music as needed while utilizing our extensive music library
o Supervise all music and technical A/V staff, as well as volunteers
§ Music Associate (full time pianist and Director of our Center for the Arts)
§ Music Admin Assistant (20 hours per week)
§ Visual Media Ministry Assistant (10 hours per week) (using Pro-Presenter)
§ Sound Engineers (5 hours per week)
· Plan and produce several seasonal concerts and special events throughout the year
· Assist coordination with other staff members for ministry events such as funerals or productions
· Attend weekly small staff and monthly full staff meetings
· Annual Salary is competitive and is based upon professional experience and education
· Review of applicants will begin January 2 and will continue until the position is filled.