Position Description: Director of Children’s Spiritual Formation
Whitworth Church – Our Mission: “Inviting Community and University to Know Jesus”
Located on the campus of Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington, our mission statement shapes every aspect of our congregation: Inviting Community and University to Know Jesus.
This person will create environments that Invite children and their families to Know Jesus. The Director of Children’s Spiritual Formation is supervised by the Pastor, partners with the Spiritual Formation Team, supervises assistant director and interns, and coordinates nursery care-givers.
This is a full time, salaried position with benefits and plenty of opportunities for education/career advancement (church and denomination). Salary will be negotiated with the candidate, and we will be taking into consideration both experience and education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate and develop intentional programming for children (nursery to grade 5) on Sunday mornings and midweek gatherings.
2. Train volunteers and staff teams for multi-tiered, rotation-workshop model.
3. Coordinate annual VBS (300 children), special events, and age-appropriate retreats.
4. Champion a relational approach to every aspect of children’s ministry.
5. Focus ministry content on the character of God in scripture (vs. moralistic therapeutic deism.)
6. Consistently communicate with parents/families.
7. Embrace a collaborative Staff culture.
8. Participate in appropriate meetings, worship services, and congregational events.
Demonstrates a lifestyle that reflects an authentic, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for student ministry. Enthusiastic about context, mission, staff and programs of Whitworth Church.
Must exhibit biblical and theological sophistication; Must have 5 years of experience in a multistaff congregation, earned degree(s) in Bible/Theology, and a proven record of leadership with large children’s ministry.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to sign church leadership statement and satisfactorily pass background checks required by Whitworth Church.
*All Whitworth Church staff are expected to be: competent, humble, creative, adaptable/flexible
Apply: Please send resumes/cover letters to [email protected]
You must sign in to apply for this position.