Children’s Pastor Job Description
Fathers House Church
1315 Commerce Avenue, Longview, Washington 98632
Fathers House Church is a growing, healthy, non-denominational church in Southern Washington about 45 minutes north of Portland. We are a church of about 650 in weekly worship attendance pre-COVID, and we are making room for many more as we look to move to our new location and new facility sometime early 2021.
We are looking for a children’s pastor that has a heart for kids and the local community.
The Children’s Pastor is responsible for:
- Setting vision for the Children’s Ministry (5 year olds through 5th grade).
- Leading children’s program for both services on Sunday morning (K-5th).
- Developing a Wednesday night Children’s program.
- Leading VBS and Summer Kid’s Camp
- Recruiting, training and leading a team of volunteers.
- Keeping the ministry safe by certifying all leaders through background checks and training protocols.
- Developing a plan to support parents in the body.
- Managing an annual ministry budget.
- Working closely with the Youth Pastor to ensure smooth transition between children’s and youth ministry.
- Participating in weekly pastoral staff meetings.
- Occasionally working with church staff on church-wide and city-wide projects.
- A born again Christian.
- Commitment to Christian lifestyle that is in harmony with clear biblical standards.
- A desire to pursue a maturing relationship with Jesus Christ and to set a Christ- like example in words and actions for the children and adults.
- Belief that the Bible is the inerrant word of God.
- Adhere to the Fathers House Church statement of faith.
- Believe that the charismatic gifts of the Holy Spirit are for today and also that God is supernaturally at work in the world today.
- Able to communicate the gospel effectively to children.
- Written and verbal communication skills including multi-media/social media experience.
- Must able to work well independently and as a team.
- Self Motivated
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Children’s ministry.
- College Degree Preferred
- Full time salary (40-45k)
- Health Coverage
You must sign in to apply for this position.